The Wilson Home Trust is inviting the local and wider Auckland community to its Garden Gala and Family Fun Day event on Sunday, the 27th November. Entry is free.
The event is proudly sponsored by local North Shore company Paul Rodgers Landscaping, who have carried out landscaping work on the site and are currently carrying out a project on a Devonport home.
Maggie Barry, famous gardening personality and local National candidate will be attending and will open the gala, the day after the election.
A highlight of the event is, for this one day only, one will be able to go round the entire site, ie both the public and private gardens on a ‘Gardens and History’ tour. Tickets are just $10.00 and include the tour itself, history notes, a beautiful tote bag from Kings Plant Barn containing some useful gardening goodies and a delicious Devonshire tea.
The Speculator has had a tour of the gardens; they, and the stunning views across to Rangitoto, are well worth seeing.
Maggie Barry will accompany the 11.30am tour and tickets can be obtained through the website; http://www.wilsonhometrust.org.nz/garden-tour-tickets or by contacting Diane (09) 485 3464, firstname.lastname@example.org
All sorts of activities are planned;
- Craft market and gardening expo
- Fabulous bands (Petra Bullock, 5 Mile Town, Gala Harwood, Andrew & Piri) and entertainment on stage throughout the day including The Royal NZ Navy Band at 1.00pm
- Lamb spit roast, dressed ham and Devonshire teas. Real coffee, soft drinks and ice-creams.
- Lots of fun for the kids; bouncy castle, merry-go-round, the big slide, pony rides, horizontal bungee, face painting, fishing game, etc etc
- Silent auction and raffle – bid for lunch + tastings for two at Ascension, a night at Sky City Grand or win a bike from Hedgehog Bikes !
- Plants and produce stalls and 2nd hand books
- Waxed Hands and kids craft table
- Sausage sizzle, lolly necklaces and candy floss.
- And so much more besides …!
Wilson Homes are also running a Scarecrow Competition ! Kids, make your scarecrow now, either as an individual, a group of friends or a class and enter the competition – deliver your scarecrow on a post to Scarecrow HQ at The Gala on the day by 10.30am. Prize of a $50 Westfield voucher for the best one!
Car parking is available in Takapuna Grammar school and the surrounding streets. Disability parking is available in the Wilson Centre car park.
For disability transport to the event please contact Re-Li-On-Us transport. You can contact them here.
Jane Hastings (local real estate agent with Harcourts) with her black London taxi has also offered a shuttle service from Narrowneck beach to the event. The cab has a wheelchair ramp and the trips will be free for anyone who has a disability. Contact Jane on – 09 4462116 / 021 735 263
Wilson Home’s address is 1 St. Leonards Road, near Belmont; just next to Takapuna Grammar school.
Wilson Homes would like to thanks the following for their support; The Devonport Speculator, BUPA Healthcare, Kings Plant Barn, Real Strategy, Designation, New World Takapuna and all businesses who have kindly donated to our silent auction.